HMIS Data Entry Specialist - Internship
Posted Date: 1/13/2020
Changing Homelessness, Inc. has a data entry internship position open in our Information Management Systems department. The position is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position paying $15.00 per hour. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing Homelessness, Inc. (CHI) coordinates homeless services in Duval, Clay and Nassau Counties. As the Continuum of Care (CoC) And Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Lead Agency, CHI manages $6 million in funding from the State and Federal government. This position will report directly to the Director of Information Management Systems, and will work closely with the HMIS System Administration team, Data Quality Committee and CHI Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing Community Member Agencies to develop and implement data entry policies and procedures to capture program outcomes as well as facilitate and coordinate the direct input of client information into HMIS.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enter client intake forms into the HMIS within 3-5 days of initial intake.
• Responsible for entering data collected from completed forms into the web-based Homeless Management Network (HMIS) tool, ClientTrack™, including all HUD-required universal data elements. Client Intake forms must data must be entered into HMIS promptly.
• Ensure that clients are accurately entered and exited from programs and services using in HMIS.
• Attend HMIS end-user meetings and training provided by Northeast Florida CoC HMIS Lead, Changing Homelessness
• Report all HMIS issues and questions to the Agency Administrator.
• Communicate with service providers across the entire county to ensure accurate data reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Required
• Ability to foster strong partnerships with various public and private organizations
• Strong organization skills
• Knowledge about the homeless services and programs in Duval, Clay, and Nassau Counties
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
• Skilled in the use of personal computers, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS)
• Ability to work alone on own initiative, often with minimum supervision
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, team player, people skills.
Education and experience
Minimum Position Requirements
• Minimum of one year of data-entry experience with demonstrated capacity to perform the job duties.
• Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft™ Office applications and web applications: (Word, Excel, Google email and drive).
• Possess a strong willingness to learn about and support the HMIS web-based information system for data entry and case management.