Join us on Friday, June 24th from 8:30AM-12PM for a brand new advocacy workshop!
“Inside City Hall:” brings the most knowledgeable people in the city budget process together to share their experiences and tactics with nonprofits to successfully impact Jacksonville’s budget.
This insider’s how-to training will leave with:
- Tactics and data to be an effective advocate
- An understanding of the legal and ethical guidelines for lobbying and advocating for a tax-exempt organization
- Materials that help define the impact and benefit of the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of who (and perhaps meet with) the key players in the budget process are
- Tools to build your advocacy network
It will feature Mayor-Elect Alvin Brown, City Council Finance Committee Chair Warren Jones, Councilman Kevin Hyde, Southern Strategy Lobbyist Shannon Hewett, UNF Professor Matt Corrigan, and other City budget and political experts.
Cost is $25 for Nonprofit Center members and $50 for non-members. Click here to register – you won’t want to miss this opportunity!