2018 Local Focus. Lasting Impact.™ Awards
The Nonprofit Center has celebrated innovation and collaboration in the sector since 2013 through the Local Focus. Lasting Impact.™, awards, sponsored by Florida Blue. This year, the Nonprofit Center will present two awards, Social Innovation and Collective Power. Each award includes a grand prize of a short video produced by WJCT (estimated value of $7,000) and a $1,250 cash prize, generously provided by the Florida Blue Foundation.
The Awards, developed as a result of the Moving Forward Together initiative, will be presented at a luncheon during the Nonprofit Works Conference on Thursday, June 21, 2018. Winners will be notified in advance and encouraged to bring their staff, Board members, and collaborative partners to the presentation.
GENERAL AWARDS INFORMATION
Social Innovation Award
This award honors a local trailblazing team that shook things up, challenged the status quo, and was the first to introduce a creative solution to an on-going issue or problem. The team’s sustainable solution has delivered results proving that it is more effectively, efficiently, or just in improving the lives of their program participants.
Collective Power Award
This award honors an unstoppable collaborative team of local nonprofits, funders, government, business, and/or community leaders that have gone beyond serving a population and implemented systemic and sustainable improvements that solved big problems. This team achieved greater system-wide results than one organization could have realized on its own and, as a result, established a new standard of excellence.
- The applicants must be a Nonprofit Center member in good standing with IRS 501(c)(3) status
- For a collaborative entry, the Applicant must be a participant and have the agreement of their partners
- Applicants must be based in and serve the local counties of Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, and St. Johns
- Applications may be made by Executive Directors, staff members, Board members and/or volunteers
- Past Award-winning programs are not eligible
Contact Jacob Board at jboard@NonprofitCtr.org or 904-425-1182.